Friday, August 20, 2010

My Sailing Playlist

I love my iPod.  I truly do.  I have a docking station for it on my desk at the office as well as one at home.  One of my "must haves" on my car was a plug-in for my iPod that will play through my sound system.  With over 3000 songs in my library, I have divided them into playlists depending on my mood du jour.  Today's mood is my Sailing Songs list.  There are three versions of Sea of Love, but all of them are so good, I just couldn't resist putting them all on.  There's a lot of Jimmy Buffett on this list as well. 

Nautical Wheelers - Jimmy Buffett
Michael Row The Boat Ashore - Peter, Paul & Mary
Come Sail Away - Styx
Splish Splash - Bobby Darin
Strange Boat - The Waterboys
Sailing - Christopher Cross
Sea Cruise - Frankie Ford
Under The Sea - Mannheim Steamroller
Sea of Love - The Honeydrippers
Shiver Me Timbers - Tom Waits
Sail Away - Neil Young
Coconut Telegraph - Jimmy Buffett
Tryin' To Reason With Hurricane Season - Jimmy Buffett
Sail On - The Commodores
Sea of Love - Cat Power
On A Slow Boat To China - Bette Midler & Barry Manilow
My Bonnie - The Beatles & Tony Sheridan
Sail Away - Joe Cocker
Son Of A Son Of A Sailor - Jimmy Buffett
Stars On The Water - Jimmy Buffett
If I Had a Boat - Lyle Lovett
The Captain And The Kid - Jimmy Buffett
Sailing - Rod Stewart
Terra Nova - James Taylor
Rock the Boat - Hues Corporation
Lovely Cruise - Jimmy Buffett
Sail Away - The Oak Ridge Boys
Boat Drinks - Jimmy Buffett
Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
Sea of Love - Phil Phillips

Yep, I'm definitely getting ready for our cruise.....

3 comments:

  1. Great list especially with all the Jimmy Buffet! He has another sailing song " Lovely Cruise" that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, Lovely Cruise is on the playlist. I love this song also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Your Captain/Closer to Home -Grand Funk Railroad -
    Great tune. Hard to miss.

    ReplyDelete