Monday, August 23, 2010

I Admit It...

...I'm a Tennessee Titans junkie.  We are original PSL (private seat license) holders.  We have four seats on the fifty-yard-line.  We attend all of the home games.  We love our boys in blue, and there's no place better to be on a Sunday afternoon in the fall than at LP Field.  We've gotten to know everyone around us who have season tickets.  There's Kenny who sits next to me.  He has about 6 or 7 seats (I'm not really sure which) and brings some of his employees with him to every game.  There's Susie and Don who sit behind us.  There's Sandy and her son who sit in front of us.  We look forward each year to reuniting and cheering on our favorite team.

But there's a bee in my bonnet.  I hate that the NFL requires season ticket holders to purchase pre-season tickets at the same face value as the regular game tickets cost.  I hate that all of the teams must play four pre-season games, risking teams losing some of their best players from injuries they receive in one of these games for part or most of a season.  Two pre-season games are more than sufficient for coaches to see who can do what the best.

But what I do love is hearing The Duke, the voice of the Titans, say "Tennessee, are you ready?  Titans fans, are you ready?"  It's football time in Tennessee, and although we gave away our tickets for tonight's game, we're glued to the TV, eating popcorn and cheering on our boys.

GO TITANS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment